Problem on production after elasticsearch upgrade from 2.3 to 5.6.1

Hi,

I have problems which our production setup of elasticsearch stack, I updated it from elasticsearch 2.3 to 5.6.1, We are using now ELK 5.6.1 for elasticsearch, logstash and kibana. and Elasticsearch is collecting all our applications logs thru logstash. After upgrade from elasticsearch 2.3 to 5.6.1 we have problems, the whole elasticsearch is slow and i am mostly getting
org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException: failed to process cluster event (put-mapping) within 30s
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.ClusterService$ClusterServiceTaskBatcher.lambda$null$0(ClusterService.java:255) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.1.jar:5.6.1]

And elasticsearch status is shown as RED in kibana even though the health api shows it as green.
Can you please help to solve this problem as i dont understand what is happening exactly.

hard to tell what part of your system is slowish. Can you tell us some more like node stats and state of your cluster?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.