Problem with executing path to Logstash.bat

Hello Everyone, Pls I need some help on this problem I'm having executing Logstash on Windows 10.
I have an ELK Stack with both Elasticsearch and Kibana working without any problems. I have a directory, named elk_stack containing 3 sub-folders for the 3 apps (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash).

Whenever I try executing logstash.bat from the main directory (elk_stack), I receive the following error (Logstash Shut Down) :

\path\to\elk_stack>.\logstash-7.10.0\bin\logstash.bat

[2020-12-28T08:09:47,203][INFO ][logstash.agent           ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}
[2020-12-28T08:09:48,223][INFO ][logstash.javapipeline    ][.monitoring-logstash] Pipeline terminated {"pipeline.id"=>".monitoring-logstash"}
[2020-12-28T08:09:49,095][INFO ][logstash.runner          ] Logstash shut down.

However, when executing logstash.bat from the Logstash sub-folder, I do not encounter the "Logstash shut down error" :

\path\to\elk_stack\logstash-7.10.0>.\bin\logstash.bat

[2020-12-28T08:09:47,203][INFO ][logstash.agent           ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}

With this last path, Logstash actually functions properly (it waits and listens for inputs).

The reason why I need logstash.bat to execute with the former path is because I have to create a script, which would be found in the main (elk_stack) directory, that would execute all 3 apps of the Elastic Stack.

I don't understand why it would work from the sub_folder, but not from the main folder, considering that the other two batch files (elasticsearch.bat, kibana.bat) are being executed well from the elk_stack directory. Thanks in advance.

I don't understand why it wouldn't work from one folder up either. I know on MacOS it does but never tested on Widows.

Curious if you tried using absolute path vs relative path? That way it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks, with absolute path on Windows it's now working. Still weird though why it's only an issue with logstash.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.