Problems upgrading elasticsearch from 5.6.1 to 6.3.2

Hi,

I tried to install Elasticsearch on my Debian machine but everytime I try, I get:

apt install elasticsearch-6.3.2.deb 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package elasticsearch-6.3.2.deb
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'elasticsearch-6.3.2.deb'

Edit:
Doesn't work with dpkg either:

dpkg -i ./elasticsearch-6.3.2.deb 
(Reading database ... 102776 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack ./elasticsearch-6.3.2.deb ...
dpkg: error processing archive ./elasticsearch-6.3.2.deb (--install):
 subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
### NOT starting on installation, please execute the following statements to configure elasticsearch service to start automatically using systemd
 sudo systemctl daemon-reload
 sudo systemctl enable elasticsearch.service
### You can start elasticsearch service by executing
 sudo systemctl start elasticsearch.service
Errors were encountered while processing:
 ./elasticsearch-6.3.2.deb

I could install an older Version of elasticsearch(6.3.0) but now I have the problem that it doesn't start either.

Aug 16 09:22:00 atlxweb30231 elasticsearch[9437]: 2018-08-16 09:22:00,130 main ERROR Could not create plugin of type class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingFileAppender for element RollingFile: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ManagerFactory [org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling.RollingFileManager$RollingFileManagerFactory@1a1ccaaf] unable to create manager for [/usr/share/elasticsearch/logs/elastic-test_index_indexing_slowlog.log] with data [org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling.RollingFileManager$FactoryData@171dc7c3[pattern=/usr/share/elasticsearch/logs/elastic-test_index_indexing_slowlog-%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.log, append=true, bufferedIO=true, bufferSize=8192, policy=CompositeTriggeringPolicy(policies=[TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy(nextRolloverMillis=0, interval=1, modulate=true)]), strategy=DefaultRolloverStrategy(min=1, max=7, useMax=true), advertiseURI=null, layout=[%d{ISO8601}][%-5p][%-25c] %marker%.-10000m%n, filePermissions=null, fileOwner=null]] java.lang.IllegalStateException: ManagerFactory [org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling.RollingFileManager$RollingFileManagerFactory@1a1ccaaf] unable to create manager for [/usr/share/elasticsearch/logs/elastic-test_index_indexing_slowlog.log] with data [org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling.RollingFileManager$FactoryData@171dc7c3[pattern=/usr/share/elasticsearch/logs/elastic-test_index_indexing_slowlog-%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.log, append=true, bufferedIO=true, bufferSize=8192, policy=CompositeTriggeringPolicy(policies=[TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy(nextRolloverMillis=0, interval=1, modulate=true)]), strategy=DefaultRolloverStrategy(min=1, max=7, useMax=true), advertiseURI=null, layout=[%d{ISO8601}][%-5p][%-25c] %marker%.-10000m%n, filePermissions=null, fileOwner=null]]

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.