Problems using ingest-geoip in elasticsearch

Hi,
I'm using elasticsearch 7.4 and have some data indexed with ip in a field. Now i want to use a pipeline to reindex that data and generate geoip information with the ingest-geoip. I created an ingest and if i use it without any change it seems to work but:

PUT _ingest/pipeline/geoip
{
  "description" : "Add geoip info",
  "processors" : [
    {
      "geoip" : {
        "field" : "dstip",
		"target_field" : "dstip-GEOIP",
        "ignore_missing" : true,
		"database_file" : "GeoLite2-City.mmdb",
		"properties" : ["ip", "country_iso_code", "country_name", "continent_name", "region_iso_code", "region_name", "city_name", "timezone", "location"]
      }
    }
  ]
}
  1. If i put the parameter "database_file" if i put a new database file in /usr/share/elasticsearch/modules/ingest-geoip and name in the parameter, i get an error indicating the file does not exists. I have to name it GeoLite2-City.mmdb to avoid that error.
  2. if i dont use the properties parameter, then the generated information is missing some of the fields.
  3. If i download the latest GeoLite2-City.mmdb database and copy it to the specified directory, then when i run the reindex i getn an error indicating "com.maxmind.db.InvalidDatabaseException: Unexpected data type returned. The GeoIP2 database may be corrupt." and some other errors like "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 47 out of bounds for length 16"

Does anyone cant help?

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.