Progression wheel value at the end of the wheel

Hi,
I am working with canvas and was trying to find a way to show the value in a progression wheel at the end of the wheel instead of in the center. I tried some approaches using css that I used for bar plots and scatter plots, but with no avail. The reason I would like to have the value at the end rather than at the center, is that I have multiple wheels nested (for different fields), which will change when I change a value in the dropdown. So using a metric for each wheel is not ideal because then I have to change the metric position every time the length of the wheels change.

The question is, is it possible to change the position of the value in a progression wheel? Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi there, could you paste a visual example (for example screenshot) of what you're trying to achieve?

Hi @Marta_Bondyra , thanks for your reply! I am building something like this:

The values at the moment are just metrics, however this same values will change as I change values in the dropdown, so everytime I choose a different value in the dropdown, I have to come to the visualization and adjust the position of the metrics. I did try some CSS that I found for label position on bar plots but still not working. Any suggestions to make this cool visualizations work?

Thanks!

Hmmm, Is this visualization coming from Kibana? How do you create it?

Well, using your imagination! These are 3 wheels, as you can see from the ss below (I even got the 'canvas' part so you know for sure from where it's coming from :slight_smile: )

Whatever is in blue, I adjusted to have the same color as my canvas background so you don't see it. Then I adjusted the sizes so they can fit inside each other. As you can see the default value comes in the middle, and that was/is my question, how to put the value at the end of the wheel?

Thanks!

this is really creative! :clap: Unfortunately, there's no official way to move the labels to the end of the value :frowning: The only thing that comes to my mind is that you could probably move them the way you do to the bottom or to the right, but even that might not work in the future because the implementation might change.

Hi! I will try it out and see how it turns out . In any case, thanks for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.