Put data direct into _all field

Hi,
I have index (huge one) and seems that big amount of space are wasted just because I have a filed, named documentField (dynamic mapping) that is index but not stored and it's also by default included in _all field. To change a mapping, will require reindexing and currently it's not an option, so my question is can I put index data directly in _all field skipping putting it into documentField ?

Thanks

The _all field contains that anyway, so you can skip putting it into the other one.

Thanks,
I'm wondering how can I skip to put data into other one, this field is defined as analysable and not stored,
If I'll not put it into it then it'll not be added to _all as well. And to change the mapping to not analysable will require reindex of all data.

Thanks

You will need to reindex old data. If you updated the field for new data then it should be ok.

Thanks,
Reindexing currently is not an option, it's about 100TB data, so I'm looking for workaround for that issue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.