Query Builder API

Hi all I have a question.
I have the query
q=field1:"$value" field2:"$value"^10 field3:"$value" field4:"$value"^0.5 field5:"$value"^0.5

I passed this query via uri search

Now I'm using the java transport client in my java code
Which query builder should I use to perform the same query?

If you want to duplicate exactly the same request, you can use a QueryStringQuery

But I'd use a BoolQuery with should clauses and matchQuery inside.

I tried the QueryStringQuery and BoolQuery and I've got really strange thing with the performance.
When I pass the URI query ES is able to serve 1200 requests per second with disabled http cache and the CPU level on 45-50%
When I pass BoolQuery the CPU level is under 100% on when the load reaches 100 requests per second only, however it keeps the response time good.
QueryStringQuery is even worse. 3-4 requests per second 100% utilization and the huge response time.
What can impact the performance so much when the transport client is used?

Many factors.

But impossible to know without knowing what you are doing with which machines/settings...

ElasticSearch runs on amazon c4.large instance (RAM 3.75Gb, CPU(s) 2) inside the Docker container
OS Ubuntu 14.04

Index size is ~1GB
Documents count ~3 million

ES settings:
"refresh_interval" : "10s",
"number_of_shards" : "1",
"number_of_replicas" : "0"
other settings are default

JVM settings:
-Xms2500m -Xmx2500m -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djna.nosys=true

mlock_all is on

I understand that there can be a lot of reasons of high CPU consuming, however the main question is why uri search works fine with the same settings?
I tested the DSL queries by http before and I had horrible results, hot_threads output said that query parsing consumed a lot of resources, thus I started to use uri search for initial tests.
I assume that ES transport serializes/deserializes query objects to something different from json strings, am I right?

What is the query you wrote exactly?

            .field("description", 0.5f)
            .field("exactname", 3)

Also I tried this query

            .field("description", 0.5f)
            .field("type", 0.5f)
            .field("exactname", 3)

I have some custom filters and analyzers:

"filter" : {
    "name_autocomplete_filter": {
       "type": "edge_ngram",
       "min_gram": 1,

"analyzer" : {
     "name_autocomplete" : {
     "type" : "custom",
     "tokenizer" : "standard",
     "filter" : ["lowercase", "name_autocomplete_filter", "asciifolding"]

The mapping is:

"name" : {
    "type": "string",
    "search_analyzer": "search_standard",
    "analyzer": "name_autocomplete"
"exactname" : {
    "type": "string",
    "analyzer" : "keyword"
"type": {
  "type": "string",
  "analyzer": "english"
"description": {
  "type": "string",
  "analyzer": "english"
"text": {
  "type" : "string",
  "analyzer" : "english",
  "position_increment_gap": 15

Can you try

QueryBuilders.queryStringQuery("field1:\"$value\" field2:\"$value\"^10 field3:\"$value\" field4:\"$value\"^0.5 field5:\"$value\"^0.5");

I can't imagine that you see any difference between the transport client and the REST layer.

And BTW please format your code using </> icon. It will make your post more readable.