"analyze_wildcard":true,
                  "default_field":"title"
               }
            }
         ]
      }
   }
}

should this query above be case-insensitive? but in fact it is case-sensitive, is there any parameter I should add to make it case-insensitive?

I'd not use anything like a wildcard query. See Wildcard query | Elasticsearch Guide [8.11] | Elastic

Note that this query can be slow, as it needs to iterate over many terms. In order to prevent extremely slow wildcard queries, a wildcard term should not start with one of the wildcards * or ?.

Coming back to your question, documentation says about analyze_wildcard:

By default, wildcards terms in a query string are not analyzed. By setting this value to true, a best effort will be made to analyze those as well.

that best effort - means that it will search for entries with upper and lower case?

Depends on the analyzer you have for the fields I guess. What did you try so far and what does it give as a result?

I am trying to make it from the query side, not touching the inside backend-server settings cause they are mixed with django-haystack and I'am not sure on how it really works on the internal, and I didnt found anything about case-sensivity on the documentation, thats why I'am asking it here, does it even possible to make it case-insensitive at this way using only this query?

I did not try myself as never ever I'm using wildcard queries. What did you try so far and what is the result?

Could you provide a full recreation script as described in About the Elasticsearch category. It will help to better understand what you are doing. Please, try to keep the example as simple as possible.

A full reproduction script will help readers to understand, reproduce and if needed fix your problem.

the query above it is what I've tried, and my only question is how to force it search case-insensitive from the query side, thats all I ask, the only result is that does not return entries that are with different case, what isn't clear in my question?

Nothing is unclear. I totally understand the question. I don't have the answer and to get an answer I need to reproduce the problem.
To do that I need a script I can paste in Kibana to play around with your use case.

Again, I don't recommend doing the way you are doing it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.