Querying analyzed fields

Hi

I'm attempting to set a field as "indexed": "analyzed" in 5.6 without any luck. It seems the "string" type is deprecated, and specifying the "string" type no longer works when specifying the mapping. Even though there is no error, the resulting mapping is replaced by "text", and the "indexed": "analyzed" parameter is not shown in the resulting mapping.

Is there any way to query a field and see its analyzed values? This is part of an attempt at using an analyzer for min hashing on a string field representing a list of numbers with whitespaces. I've setup an analyzer w/ a "whitespace" tokenizer, and the "min_hash" analyzer. The resulting method for getting the analyzer's output seems like it is in fact computing binary strings, but I'd like to be able to get an actual hashes for a given document.

Just to answer my own question, stored fields are never the analyzed fields. But through https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/master/docs-termvectors.html, the analyze API, and explain API you can see what's happening.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.