Question about installing APM server on Windows Platform

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and trying to setup APM server on Windows platform.
ElasticSearch and kibana both were setup already and when I am trying to install the APM server, I found below error when I check the APM server status.

"No APM Server detected. Please make sure it is running and you have updated to 7.0 or higher."

apm-server service is up and running and may I ask how can I troubleshoot this issue please?
Many thanks.

Kibana version: 7.14.0

Elasticsearch version: 7.13.4

APM Server version: 7.14

Hi @afan ,
have you configured the Elasticsearch url, username, password etc. in the apm-server.yml? I suggest to check the APM Server logs for any indicators about the server not being able to connect to Elasticsearch as a next step.

@simitt Yes I did configure the yml file as shown attached.

In terms of the log, I couldn't find anything related to APM under my elasticsearch folder (ie. ..\Elasticsearch\Logs).

Thank you.

I could find the APM logs from C:\ProgramData\apm-server\logs but looks like no hints on not being able to connect to ElasticSearch.

Can you try to send some sample data to the APM Server and see if they get ingested into Elasticsearch?

You could download an example request body from example-intake-events and then send it to the APM Server. Something along the lines of curl -H "Content-type: application/x-ndjson" -H "Authorization: Bearer <you-apm-server-secret-token>" --data-binary @request-body.ndjson <your-apm-server-url>/intake/v2/events.

@simitt sorry I am quite confused.
As I still do not have any APM agent has been setup right now, how can I sent those API intake to my APM server? I am lost in this step, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.