Range aggregation in a pipeline aggregation

Hello,

I want to do the following pipeline aggregation :

• A term aggregation
  • For each term do an average aggregation (so here it's a sub aggregation)
  • Then do a range aggregation on the previous average values.

Right now the 2 first step are working well. But i have issues doing the third one. I am using pipeline aggregation so I am for example able in the third step do compute the average instead a renage aggregation. But i do not know how to do a range aggregation in a pipeline aggregation. And if i try to do a range aggregation as a sub aggregation I do not know how to refer the previous computed average.

If anyone undestands what I want to do can you describe me how to do it ?

What I am asking for seems not implemented (https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/issues/17590).

As describe in the issue there is a way to have a part of the result by doing a bucket selector. But is there a way to count the number of element in the result with Elasticsearch ? (I don't Elastcisearch to return the whole result as I only need the number by bucket so I would like to use a filter_path but for that i first need to count how many result there was)

Then we can do multiples bucket selector in the same requests to have all ranges.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.