Received message from unsupported version: [2.0.0] minimal compatible version is: [5.0.0]

(Dawood Abdullah) #1

When I am starting elastic server, I am continously getting the below exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Received message from unsupported version: [2.0.0] minimal compatible version is: [5.0.0]
at org.elasticsearch.transport.TcpTransport.messageReceived(TcpTransport.java:1199) ~[elasticsearch-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty4.Netty4MessageChannelHandler.channelRead(Netty4MessageChannelHandler.java:74) ~[transport-netty4-5.0.0.jar:5.0.0]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:372) [netty-transport-4.1.5.Final.jar:4.1.5.Final]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:358) [netty-transport-4.1.5.Final.jar:4.1.5.Final]

what could be the problem for the above error, I do not have any 2.0.0 version nodes running in the cluster

Issue with elasticsearch update 5.0.0-alpha5
(David Pilato) #2

You probably have a Node or a Transport client somewhere running 2.0.0 which is trying to communicate with your node which is running 5.0.0?

(Dawood Abdullah) #3

Thanks David, I am sure there is no node running, I will check if there is any transport client which is running 2.0.0 and will update accordingly

(Dawood Abdullah) #4

Yes David, there was one transport client which was using 2.0.0, upgrading it to 5.0.0 fixed the issue. Thanks for the quick resolution.

How do i upgrade the transport client. I just installed elasticsearch and i'm not using any nodes

I'd also like an answer to this - if you find one, please let me know!

thanks

(system) #7