Red health status

My index has red health status and I don't know why. It cannot be becouse of disk space. I have more than 20TB avalaible.

My index settings:

{
        "my_index": {
            "settings": {
                "index": {
                    "routing": {
                        "allocation": {
                            "disable_allocation": "false"
                        }
                    },
                    "number_of_shards": "12",
                    "creation_date": "1507474046012",
                    "analysis": {
                        "analyzer": {
                            "analyzer_keyword": {
                                "filter": "lowercase",
                                "tokenizer": "keyword"
                            }
                        }
                    },
                    "uuid": "MnMLSXIkQ8aTwKI_pFpE-A",
                    "version": {
                        "created": "1070599"
                    },
                    "number_of_replicas": "0"
                }
            }
        }
    }

When I run health check command:

localhost:9200/_cat/shards?h=index,shard,prirep,state,unassigned.reason

I got:

my_index       3  p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       10 p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       6  p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       2  p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       1  p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       0  p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       7  p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       11 p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       9  p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       5  p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       4  p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 
my_index       8  p UNASSIGNED   CLUSTER_RECOVERED 

What should I do? Where can be a problem?

ElastisSearch version - 1.7.5

Thanks a lot

Please format your code using </> icon as explained in this guide. It will make your post more readable.

Or use markdown style like:

```
CODE
```

This version is too old and not supported anymore.
What do you have in logs?

I tried to use code icon but it doesnt work for first code sample. :confused:

In logsI can see:

[2017-10-14 15:38:21,506][WARN ][cluster.action.shard     ] [Lionheart] [size_test_siren][8] received shard failed for [size_test_siren][8], node[gZlTCarDRjazHPFU8al15A], [P], s[INITIALIZING], unassigned_info[[reason=ALLOCATION_FAILED], at[2017-10-14T13:38:21.437Z], details[shard failure [failed recovery][IndexShardGatewayRecoveryException[[size_test_siren][8] failed recovery]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[An SPI class of type org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat with name 'Siren10AFor' does not exist.  You need to add the corresponding JAR file supporting this SPI to your classpath.  The current classpath supports the following names: [es090, completion090, XBloomFilter, IDVersion, Lucene40, Lucene41]]; ]]], indexUUID [p1ZhMCPSR-GIzLr16KeW5g], reason [shard failure [failed recovery][IndexShardGatewayRecoveryException[[size_test_siren][8] failed recovery]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[An SPI class of type org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat with name 'Siren10AFor' does not exist.  You need to add the corresponding JAR file supporting this SPI to your classpath.  The current classpath supports the following names: [es090, completion090, XBloomFilter, IDVersion, Lucene40, Lucene41]]; ]]
[2017-10-14 15:38:21,512][WARN ][indices.cluster          ] [Lionheart] [[size_test_siren][0]] marking and sending shard failed due to [failed recovery]
org.elasticsearch.index.gateway.IndexShardGatewayRecoveryException: [size_test_siren][0] failed recovery
	at org.elasticsearch.index.gateway.IndexShardGatewayService$1.run(IndexShardGatewayService.java:162)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An SPI class of type org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat with name 'Siren10AFor' does not exist.  You need to add the corresponding JAR file supporting this SPI to your classpath.  The current classpath supports the following names: [es090, completion090, XBloomFilter, IDVersion, Lucene40, Lucene41]
	at org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.lookup(NamedSPILoader.java:109)
	at org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat.forName(PostingsFormat.java:100)
	at org.apache.lucene.codecs.perfield.PerFieldPostingsFormat$FieldsReader.<init>(PerFieldPostingsFormat.java:194)
	at org.apache.lucene.codecs.perfield.PerFieldPostingsFormat.fieldsProducer(PerFieldPostingsFormat.java:254)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentCoreReaders.<init>(SegmentCoreReaders.java:120)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.<init>(SegmentReader.java:108)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.ReadersAndUpdates.getReader(ReadersAndUpdates.java:145)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.ReadersAndUpdates.getReadOnlyClone(ReadersAndUpdates.java:239)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.StandardDirectoryReader.open(StandardDirectoryReader.java:109)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.getReader(IndexWriter.java:421)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:112)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.SearcherManager.<init>(SearcherManager.java:89)
	at org.elasticsearch.index.engine.InternalEngine.createSearcherManager(InternalEngine.java:186)
	at org.elasticsearch.index.engine.InternalEngine.<init>(InternalEngine.java:146)
	at org.elasticsearch.index.engine.InternalEngineFactory.newReadWriteEngine(InternalEngineFactory.java:32)
	at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.newEngine(IndexShard.java:1354)
	at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.createNewEngine(IndexShard.java:1349)
	at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.prepareForTranslogRecovery(IndexShard.java:869)
	at org.elasticsearch.index.gateway.local.LocalIndexShardGateway.recover(LocalIndexShardGateway.java:233)
	at org.elasticsearch.index.gateway.IndexShardGatewayService$1.run(IndexShardGatewayService.java:112)
	... 3 more

May be @jpountz have some ideas?

BTW are you using any plugin?

No, I don't use any plugins.

This seems to be an index created with this plugin https://github.com/sirensolutions/siren/tree/master/siren-elasticsearch and now the plugin is not installed anymore.

I can tell this because of the postings format used named Siren10AFor and I could only find a plugin that provides that format in that project.

You need to install that plugin to be able to recover this index.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.