Register percolate query with java api client ElasticSearch 8

When trying to implement a similar usecase as the elasticsearch doicumentation for the percolate query with the java api client I ran into an issue and wonder if I'm doing things wrong, or there is something missing in the java api.

Specifically it concerns registering a query in the percolator. Everything works fine with the HTTP Api but the JSON generated by the Java api client looks different.
I simplified my use case. If I have this mapping:

PUT /my-firstname-index
{
  "mappings": {
    "properties": {
      "firstname": {
        "type": "text"
      },
      "query": {
        "type": "percolator"
      }
    }
  }
}

I can register this query fine:

PUT /my-firstname-index/_doc/1?refresh
{
  "query": {
    "term": {
        "value": "Bob"
      }
    }
  }
}

The term query will be saved to the 'query' field in the index just fine. However, when I try to do this with the Java api the JSON being generated looks like this:

{
  "term": {
      "value": "Bob"
    }
  }
}

This will be saved in the index to the field 'term' (with the value {"firstname":{"value":"Bob"}} ). This doesn't really work when later retrieving the query since I specify the field where the query is saved as well. I tried around different ways of doing this but nothing gave me the same JSON as in the example/documentation. It feels this should be doable in the Java api client without messing around with JSON serialization and custom objects to pass as the 'document'.

My simple code looks like this:

client.index(index -> index
    .index("my-firstname-index")
    .id("1")
    .document(
        TermQuery.of(termsQuery -> termsQuery
            .field("firstname")
            .value("Bob")
        )._toQuery()
    )
    .refresh(Refresh.True)
);

I have tried some simple variations on this code and some less straightforward ones but no luck so far. I havent really come across a working Java example of this either.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.