Hi, I'm trying to change the index mapping and reindex without downtime.
The strategy is:
- create a new-index with the new mapping
- reindex the old-index to the new-index
- swap the alias from the old-index to the new-index
- reindex again the old-index to the new-index (to handle eventually lost data)
- drop the old-index
My questions are:
- What happen to the new data written in the source index during the reindex process?
- I really need the step 4?
- Is there a smarter way to do what I want to do?