Reindex from remote, 1.7.1 to 6.X

Hi all!

I'm trying the Reindex API from remote from an 1.7.1 ES instance to a 6.3.1. The 1.7.1 uses some indices with types, but as is documented here, these types are removed. So when I make the Reindex API action, I get some errors in "failures" section:

Rejecting mapping update to [signals-2016-12-13] as the final mapping would have more than 1 type: [1min, 10min]

I've read that it can be solved migrating multi-type indices to single type, but I'm not sure how to do it. Is this step needs to be done, in the 1.7.1 instance, before the Reindex from remote? Can it cause some problems with the existing data in this instance (1.7.1, that is the production instance)?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Miguel.

The steps described in "Migrating multi-type indices to single-type" should be executed on your new 6.3.1 cluster. It is there that you create the indexes for the documents that will reindex, and it is from there that you execute the _reindex API to pull documents from the remote cluster. It is this _reindex operation that will put documents in separate 6.3.1 indexes based on their original _type (example 1) or that will consolidate all different types to a single type using a script (example 2).

1 Like

Hi @abdon.

Thank you very much for your response, it clarifies what is done in the examples shown on the guide :wink:

Regards,
Miguel.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.