_reindex task creates loads of bulk requests and destroys audit log disk space

Hello,

I recently tried to reindex 40ish smaller indexes into on big index for better distribution. reindexing was going fine I was watching the process on monitoring ui, and the task was ok no failed shards. After quite sometime almost 6 hours, the indexing was half way done. Our unix admin sends us an email about a disk alarm, I went into the machine which indeed had the primary shard of the destination index, I was reindexing to. I tailed the last audit.json file which is now 25 GBs and found out the machine constantly logs bulk write requests into its audit logs, I cancelled the task since we did not have enough space on the machine for further logging.

Do elastic have a way of not logging a certain task under auditing can we give a parameter to cancel logging? or do i need to exclude that action from audit logs and restart each node to be able to finish this reindex without exploding my disks?

Best regards.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.