Release notes for node agent?

We are on Node client 1.9.0, and there have been quite a few 1.x releases since then, however I can't find details on these releases anywhere.

The apm-agent-java repo has detailed release notes on their Github release page, but there seems to be nothing on the equivalent node page :confused:

Also can I suggest that even if release notes are added on Github, that they be copied here for convenience, and maybe a 'release' tag could be added?

You can find the release notes for the Node.js agent in the CHANGELOG file.

Also can I suggest that even if release notes are added on Github, that they be copied here for convenience, and maybe a 'release' tag could be added?

We haven't previously used the Discuss forum to announce APM related releases. The APM solution is a mix of many different smaller products many with different rapid releases cycles, so my gut feeling is that announcing each of them here would generate a lot of noise. But I'll bring it up with the team :smiley:

Hi Thomas, thanks for the quick reply, and I hope my post didn't sound too demanding!

Can't believe I missed the changelog :man_facepalming: although I do think the 'github-native' version (the way it's done on the java agent repo) is especially readable.

That's a fair point re the noise; in the meantime I realised Github have a 'Releases Only' mode for watching repos, so I'll use that to keep up to date on agent updates instead of looking here.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

No worries - and thanks for bringing this up and for being a long time user :smiley:

I think it would be beneficial (in regards to the releases-only watching mode) if we put the release notes into the GitHub releases page as well. I would expect that the e-mail GitHub sent you would then include that info. I'll make sure we look into that.

I forgot to mention that we also have an upgrade guide that will tell you all about how to upgrade from 1.x to 2.x: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/apm/agent/nodejs/current/upgrade-to-v2.html

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.