Remove traceparent header from http request

Hello, I have a need in one place where I create an HttpClient and send requests, remove the "traceparent", "tracestate" headers, in other places I want to keep them.
I tried removing them via DefaultRequestHeaders and also via creating my own DiagnosticListener, the second option was able to remove tracestate but traceparent remains

P.S. I need it because I send a request to a third-party API, which does not want to get these headers

Hi @SleepyF0X , welcome to our forum !

We recently added disable_outgoing_tracecontext_headers configuration option in the java agent (and maybe some other agents as well), but that would only disable context propagation as a whole, and I don't know if it's already implemented in dotnet.

You seem to be able to remove the tracestate but you are unable to do the same with traceparent , is my understanding correct ?
I am not familiar with the dotnet agent at all, but this behavior seems a bit odd as the HTTP headers are likely written at the same time and with very similar code paths.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.