Replace the kibana logo?

Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the kibana logo with my company's logo?
Only for corporate use.

2 Likes

You can just replace the ../images/no_border.png file, but you're going to have to maintain this across upgrades.

You're also going to have to find an image that is this size to maintain the aspect;

height: 45px;
    width: 252px;

i do not see such folder in the root dir of install

[achan@esk002.scl kibana-4.1.1-linux-x64]$ pwd
/opt/kibana-4.1.1-linux-x64

[achan@esk002.scl kibana-4.1.1-linux-x64]$ ls -lah
total 36K
drwxrwxr-x 7 1000 1000 4.0K Jun 29 11:07 .
drwxr-xr-x. 10 root root 4.0K Jul 1 23:56 ..
drwxrwxr-x 2 1000 1000 4.0K Jun 29 11:07 bin
drwxrwxr-x 2 1000 1000 4.0K Jul 19 17:03 config
-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 563 Jun 29 11:07 LICENSE.txt
drwxrwxr-x 6 1000 1000 4.0K Jun 29 11:07 node
drwxrwxr-x 2 1000 1000 4.0K Jun 29 11:07 plugins
-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 2.5K Jun 29 11:07 README.txt
drwxrwxr-x 9 1000 1000 4.0K Jun 29 11:07 src

src/public/images/

perfect thanks

And from where I can hide
Discovery , Visualization and Settings menu, i just want to show Dashboard Tab/Menu

Thanks!

Regards
Ritesh

You can disable those plugins in the settings file.

Hello
I use Kibana 4.2.0. How can I replace Kibana default logo?
I replaced src/ui/public/images/kibana.png by another image but without success...

I did same and I get no success. Have you resolve the problem?

Try replace your logo and then install some plugin, for instance

./kibana plugin --install elastic/sense

And then just reload page and Kibana will "bundle" in your logo same way 4.1 did

Sorry not able to analyse the install code now to tell you how to execute it without plugin install :smiley:
Being a total Node and JavaScript lamer myself, apologies for lame response either.

Hi,
we tried to the replace the logo with our file.

• .PNG file is applicable only for Firefox (other browsers could not depict it well)
  • .SVG logo is applicable browsers-wide but .SVG logo took the system font

I used InkScape to create .SVG logo - unfortunately InkScape could not implement a certain font as part of file.
So I hope there is a chance to modify Kibana homepage to load up font by CSS style e.g.

Does anyone have such an experience?

I replaced the file here and had success without requiring anything additional:

optimize/bundles/src/ui/public/images/kibana.svg

1 Like

It looks like this has broken for Kibana 4.6.1..

I had a custom tab icon and .svg logo in the top right hand of my Kibana UI. However after upgrading from 4.5.x to 4.6.1, that custom badging no longer appears and is replaced by the defaults.

I've followed the same steps necessary in prior versions;

1. upload the custom icons to $./optimize/bundles/src/ui/public/images/
  2. remove & reinstall a plugin to force Kibana to optimize & cache browser bundles
  3. restart Kibana

And still the generic badging appears.

Has anyone successfully customized the badging in Kibana 4.6.1?

Did you also replace the file here:

$./src/ui/public/images/

I believe if you install a plugin it copies the file from there to $./optimize/bundles/src/ui/public/images/

I have not installed 4.6 yet though

I did place it in both, but you are correct, that's a typo from my previous reply, I placed the icons in both locations but I'd expect the optimize/ directory to be overwritten upon installation of a new plugin.

Thanks - this worked!
dropped the file in the first location
(re) installed (sense) plugin - which overwrites to the second location you mentioned.
Restart kibana.

and it worked!

Also, had to make sure the svg image is the correct size. initially i had a file that was loaded but didn't display because the image didn't fit in the container alloted (252x45)

@imHarshj
Did you replace the icon as well? The same icon I've used in past Kibana versions is no longer being updated for me.

I didn't replace the icon - but you're right, i don't see the icon either.

@warkolm do you know if replacing the icon is still possible in Kibana 4.6.1?

This functionality is somewhat important to me, as I have ~4 different ELK clusters running for different purposes. As of now I can't distinguish between tabs without navigating to each one and looking for other unique items -- it would be very helpful if we resolved the icon issue.

No idea sorry, it's not really my area. Maybe one of the KB devs can comment.