Repository verification exception in kibana

Hi,

I want to take snapshot of my cluster, i have three nodes elsearchdv1,elsearchdv2 , elsearchdv3 and master is elsearchdv2.
I am using curator, version 5.7.6.
i created repository using below command:
PUT /_snapshot/elbkp_17
{

"type": "fs",
"settings": {
"compress" : true,
"location": "/etc/elasticsearch/elbkp/"
}

}

I below error

[bkp1] [[r--AzOSLQjm7eHqGIeP5Yg, 'RemoteTransportException[[elsearchdv2][:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[bkp1] a file written by master to the store [/tmp/elbkp] cannot be accessed on the node [{elsearchdv2}{r--AzOSLQjm7eHqGIeP5Yg}{5WMGBVa7Sz6skTY0mHSmUA}{elsearchdv2}{:9300}{ml.machine_memory=6050390016, xpack.installed=true, ml.max_open_jobs=20, ml.enabled=true}]. This might indicate that the store [/tmp/elbkp] is not shared between this node and the master node or that permissions on the store don't allow reading files written by the master node];'], [f4WD0oefSO-OUuSEh1aoJQ, 'RemoteTransportException[[elsearchdv3][el:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[bkp1] a file written by master to the store [/tmp/elbkp] cannot be accessed on the node [{elsearchdv3}{f4WD0oefSO-OUuSEh1aoJQ}{F80P4ZHKQIu1R6ativg2Yw}{elsearchdv3}{:9300}{ml.machine_memory=6068117504, xpack.installed=true, ml.max_open_jobs=20, ml.enabled=true}]. This might indicate that the store [/tmp/elbkp] is not shared between this node and the master node or that permissions on the store don't allow reading files written by the master node];']]"
}
]

Please help me.

The path specified in the snapshot repository must be a shared file system available to all nodes in the cluster on the same path. The error message indicates the file system might not be shared or that all processes are not able to read/write from it.

1 Like

1.Which File system i should used?
2.because for any files system we can mount any one.

Please help

A shared NFS mount should work.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.