Repositry Creation on Windows

(Tanwer Siddiqui) #1

Hi,

I have installed ElasticSearch on my Windows machine. While creating a repository i pointed the location to my Windows location and executed the below command

PUT http://localhost:9200/_snapshot/backup
{
"type": "fs",
"settings": {
"location": "C:\Users\Downloads\elasticsearch-1.6.0\es_backup_folder"
}
}

i received the below error

{
"error": "ElasticsearchIllegalArgumentException[failed to parse repository source [{\n"type": "fs",\n"settings": {\n"location": "C:\Users\Downloads\elasticsearch-1.6.0\es_backup_folder"\n}\n}\n]]; nested: JsonParseException[Unrecognized character escape 'U' (code 85)\n at [Source: {\n"type": "fs",\n"settings": {\n"location": "C:\Users\Downloads\elasticsearch-1.6.0\es_backup_folder"\n}\n}\n; line: 4, column: 18]]; ",
"status": 400
}

Please advice how to create repository.

Thanks

(Dan Tuffery) #2

Your JSON is not valid, you need to escape the backslashes.

{
        "location": "C:\\Users\\Downloads\\elasticsearch-1.6.0\\es_backup_folder"
    }
}

(Tanwer Siddiqui) #3

Hi Dan

I executed the code as shared above, but unlucky received error

{
"error": "RepositoryException[[backup] failed to create repository]; nested: CreationException[Guice creation errors:\r\n\r\n1) Error injecting constructor, org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoryException: [backup] location [C:\Users\Downloads\elasticsearch-1.6.0\es_backup_folder] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty\r\n at org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository.(Unknown Source)\r\n while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository\r\n while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.Repository\r\n\r\n1 error]; nested: RepositoryException[[backup] location [C:\Users\t.islam.siddiqui\Downloads\elasticsearch-1.6.0\es_backup_folder] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty]; ",
"status": 500
}

(Mark Walkom) #4

Did you set path.repo in elasticsearch.yml?

(Tanwer Siddiqui) #5

Hi Mark

i installed Elastisearch on Windows and unable to find elasticsearch.yml in it.

(Mark Walkom) #6

It'll be in the config directory in where ever you extracted the zip file.

(Tanwer Siddiqui) #7

Hi Mark

Please help to correct my entries

My code

PUT http://localhost:9200/_snapshot/backup -d
{
"location": "C:\Users\\t.islam.siddiqui\Downloads\elasticsearch-1.6.0\es_backup_folder"
}
}

Entry in elasticsearch.yml

path.data: C:\Users\Downloads\elasticsearch-1.6.0\es_backup_folder

Message Received

{
"error": "ElasticsearchParseException[Failed to derive xcontent from PUT http://localhost:9200/_snapshot/backup -d \n{\n"type": "fs",\n"settings": {\n"location": "C:\\Users\\\t.islam.siddiqui\\Downloads\\elasticsearch-1.6.0\\es_backup_folder"\n}\n}\n]",
"status": 400
}

(system) #8