ResourceStatus: CREATE_FAILED, ResourceStatusReason: Resource handler returned message: \"The specified log group does not exist

I am trying to install functionbeat 8.4 on an AWS (tried it on both amazon linux and Ubuntu). Elasticsearch is self hosted. Followed the installation guide(Functionbeat quick start: installation and configuration | Functionbeat Reference [8.4] | Elastic) to the t and am getting the following error after running the command

./functionbeat -v -e -d "*" deploy cloudwatch

{"log.level":"info","@timestamp":"2022-09-01T06:50:02.108Z","log.logger":"aws","log.origin":{"file.name":"aws/op_cloudformation.go","file.line":97},"message":"Stack event received, ResourceType: AWS::Logs::SubscriptionFilter, LogicalResourceId: fnbcloudwatchSFawslambdafunctionbeatcloudwatchserverless, ResourceStatus: CREATE_FAILED, ResourceStatusReason: Resource handler returned message: "The specified log group does not exist. (Service: CloudWatchLogs, Status Code: 400, Request ID: 39064335-8787-45b7-86c6-1549f25db970)" (RequestToken: 1ffbf28f-8b38-8e6c-698f-a44a039ac61e, HandlerErrorCode: GeneralServiceException)","service.name":"functionbeat","ecs.version":"1.6.0"}

I tried creating the log group specified and got the "log group already exists" error.

My user has all the permissions necessary.

Hi does someone have any ideas about this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.