REST Api for Keystore

Is there any REST call we can use to retrieve the key-value from the elasticsearch keystore? I have a script for setting up the elasticsearch snapshot and restore where I need to pass the ES credentials, I was wondering if I could utilize the keystore to help encrypt these credentials through the script by interacting with the keystore by means of a REST Api call or some other way to retrieve the secrets from keystore.
I have gone through the documentation but I could not find anything regarding any REST api call used for keystore.

Is there any REST call we can use to retrieve the key-value from the elasticsearch keystore?

No, this would go against our purposes for the keystore.
The keystore is read only at startup, and those values are cleared from memory after they've been processed (some values, such as passwords for external services will be kept in memory by the components that use them, but the elasticsearch core does not retain them).

Hi Tim,
Thank you for your prompt response. If the values are cleared from memory after being processed then how are we able to utilize the some of the values stored in logstash-keystore for pipeline configuration file?
How exactly are these values picked up from the keystore during startup?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.