REST Pagination


(Brlyns) #1

Are there any docs out there on REST pagination? I am trying to pagination the results. .


(aditya.kulkarni) #2

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/rest_api/search/from_size/

"from" : 0, ->This is start point, this you can go on incrementing according to size X.
"size" : X, -> This is number of entries to be returned say X=10 for 10 results per page

Please note, I am not sure of memory or performance implications. Just learning about ES. Any takers for this?

Best Regards,
a


(Shay Banon) #3

Yep, tahts what you would use. Though, for a 1 million hits, asking for from: 900,000 is not recommended because of the memory implications of it.
On Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 12:30 PM, aditya.kulkarni wrote:

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.elasticsearch.com/docs/elasticsearch/rest_api/search/from_size/

"from" : 0, ->This is start point, this you can go on incrementing according
to size X.
"size" : X, -> This is number of entries to be returned say X=10 for 10
results per page

Please note, I am not sure of memory or performance implications. Just
learning about ES. Any takers for this?

Best Regards,
a

View this message in context: http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/REST-Pagination-tp2392620p2412370.html
Sent from the ElasticSearch Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


(rboulton) #4

On 7 February 2011 18:04, Shay Banon shay.banon@elasticsearch.com wrote:

Yep, tahts what you would use. Though, for a 1 million hits, asking for
from: 900,000 is not recommended because of the memory implications of it.

Presumably, it's still way better than doing {from: 0, size: 900010}
and pulling off the last 10, though!

--
Richard


(Shay Banon) #5

Right :). Though, I plan to introduce a new search type called "scan" that will allow for that though without doing any sorting (scoring or otherwise).
On Monday, February 7, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Richard Boulton wrote:

On 7 February 2011 18:04, Shay Banon shay.banon@elasticsearch.com wrote:

Yep, tahts what you would use. Though, for a 1 million hits, asking for
from: 900,000 is not recommended because of the memory implications of it.

Presumably, it's still way better than doing {from: 0, size: 900010}
and pulling off the last 10, though!

--
Richard


(system) #6