Restore azure snapshot to other cluster

Hi,

I have successfully taken snapshots to an Azure blob from the primary cluster. On the secondary cluster, I have installed the Azure plugin and also set

/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-keystore add azure.client.default.account

/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-keystore add azure.client.default.key

to the same values as I used in the primary cluster.

When I try and setup the snapshot repository on the secondary cluster, I get the following error:

curl -k -XPUT -u elastic: 'https://hostname:9200/_snapshot/prod_backup' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
"type": "azure",
"settings": {
"container": "snapshots",
"location_mode" : "secondary_only"
}
}'

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"repository_exception","reason":"[prod_backup] failed to create repository"}],"type":"repository_exception","reason":"[prod_backup] failed to create repository","caused_by":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"If you want to use an azure repository, you need to define a client configuration."}},"status":500}[owa_admin@admin ~]$
[owa_admin@admin ~]$

Have I misunderstood something? It's telling me that I need to setup my client configuration, but I have specified the account and key in Azure successfully. The primary clusters repository is there in Azure. I just need to connect to it and then restore from it but the secondary cluster doesn't have any repositories defined

Any suggestions accepted

Got it guys, just forgot to reboot the cluster to pick up the values.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.