Restore elastic search 5.5 snapshot in another aws account vpc cluster

Elastic Search Snapshot and Restore from one account cluster to another account vpc cluster

I followed this document

1. Created Role , User and S3 bucket
  2. Updated and attached the policies
  3. Setup in Postman
    a) Authorization – AWS Keys , Region and Service Name (es)
    b) Headers – Content-type to application/json
    c) Body – s3 bucket settings (from the above link)
  4. Register
  5. Snapshot creation

Restore in another vpc cluster

1. Created Role, User and S3 bucket
  2. Updated the attached polices
  3. Created one more request (restorerepo) and set the AWS Authorization, Headers , Body with s3 bucket settings
  4. Register the bucket

I am getting the below message

The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and signing method. Consult the service documentation for details

I tried even with GET stats

https://vpcescluster.es.amazonaws.com:9200/_stats with AWS Authorization – Throws the above messge

https://vpcescluster.es.amazonaws.com:9200/_stats with No Authorization – I get the stats

We can not offer support on the service you are using as it's not the official service we are running. AWS built his own service with some subset of the features we have. You should ask their support.

BTW did you look at Cloud by Elastic, also available if needed from AWS Marketplace, Azure Marketplace and Google Cloud Marketplace?

Cloud by elastic is one way to have access to all features, all managed by us. Think about what is there yet like Security, Monitoring, Reporting, SQL, Canvas, Maps UI, Alerting and built-in solutions named Observability, Security, Enterprise Search and what is coming next :slight_smile: ...

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

Please also note that 5.5 is EOL, it's really really old and you should upgrade as a matter of urgency.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.