Rolling upgrade from 5.5.2 to 5.6 fails with no plugins installed

Hi,

I am trying to do a rolling upgrade for elasticsearch. I do not have any plugins installed but i still see this exception when trying to upgrade. The documentation on the rolling upgrade page lists out one of the steps of the upgrade to remove and install new versions of any plugins you have on the node. aggs-matrix-stats is a module which comes as part of the modules of elasticsearch zip file. Removing and installing all of the modules seems like the core task of the rolling upgrade rather than manually install each one of them. Below is the exception that i encountered:

org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.StartupException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: plugin [aggs-matrix-stats] is incompatible with version [5.6.10]; was designed for version [5.5.2]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:136) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.10.jar:5.6.10]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:123) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.10.jar:5.6.10]
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:70) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.10.jar:5.6.10]
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:134) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.10.jar:5.6.10]

the plugin aggs-matrix-stats not ok need reinstall
are you surelly copy all the file?

I copied all the files over. What I dont understand is why is elasticsearch considering a module as a plugin?

as system plugin..

The plugin properties file was out of date for me. I copied the new one over and that solved it. Thanks for the help

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.