Routing error. Problems with "search_explain" API 7.13.2

Hi there, I have a problem with elastic enterprise search API 8.5, specifically with the "search_explain" API. My problem is the following, I did a cURL request to the endpoint specificied in the documentation, but the output it wasn't the expected, and I got a 404 Not Found Error, with the body

{
 "errors": "Routing Error. The path you have requested is invalid."
}

The cURL request that i did is the following:

curl -X POST 'https://[instance id].ent.us-east-1.aws.found.io/api/as/v0/engines/[myengine]/search_explain' \
-H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
-H 'Authorization: Bearer [myprivatekey]' \
-d '{
  "query": "hormigón"
}'

I need this funcionality, because I want to find the best level of precision for my differents engines. I read the documentation about precision, but I'm not sure how the "Analyzers" works. For example, In my current engine, If I do the query "hormigón", elastic is returning documents that have words that contains the syllabe "horm". I don't want this and to "fix" this, the only option that I have is tunning the precision parameter.

Thanks,

Joaquin B

Hi @Joaquin_Bahamonde ,

Your request looks correct. Let's double-check a few things:

1. What is the exact version of your deployment?
  2. Make sure you're using the correct Enterprise Search URL
  3. Make sure you're using a correct engine name, and the engine exists
  4. Do other API requests (such as Search API) on the same engine work?
1 Like

Hi @Irina_Truong,

1. The current version of our deployment elastic is v7.13.2
  2. Yes. I checked the Enterprise Search URL
  3. Yes. I checked the engine name.
  4. Yes, I did the Search request and works perfectly. I tried with the same Enterprise Search URL and Engine name as the search_explain request.

Thanks

The current version of our deployment elastic is v7.13.2

That explains it, search_explain API was only added in 8.2.0.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.