Routing in elastic search with range values

Hi

I want to index 30 days of data, in each day i will get GB's of data
I Have 30 days of data, i have 10 shards, i want to route in such away , that first 3 days of data should go to first shard, next 3 days of data should go to next shard ..etc

I am routing with date field, but i found data belongs to 1, 10,17 is going to 1 st 2, 11, .. going to next shard...etc .

Looking for u r response

I would love to know why. What is your application?

Philip

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Mahesh [via Elasticsearch Users]
ml-node+s115913n4038621h5@n3.nabble.com wrote:

Hi

I want to index 30 days of data, in each day i will get GB's of data
I Have 30 days of data, i have 10 shards, i want to route in such away ,
that first 3 days of data should go to first shard, next 3 days of data
should go to next shard ..etc

I am routing with date field, but i found data belongs to 1, 10,17 is going
to 1 st 2, 11, .. going to next shard...etc .

Looking for u r response

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
below:
http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Routing-in-elastic-search-with-range-values-tp4038621.html
To unsubscribe from Elasticsearch Users, click here.
NAML

Here is my project requirement

Continuously my application receives data (TB), I have to index every file, and from the GUI I should display the data (matching data)

After 90 days I will delete the 1st day data, and store 91 data in it, for this I am using 11 machines, 1 is master 10 are slaves, so that, I can store first 10 days data in one shard, 10-20 days of data in another shard and so on, when user asks to display data between the dates, I can fire the query on specific shard using routing. Indexing, and searching is easy with this approach, but I am unable to route first 10 days of data in to one shard.

And also I need faster queries, because in 90 days data may be extended to 300-400 TB

So I want to divide the data based on Date, so when a query is fired I ac search in 30 TB.

Looking for your response