Routing in search operation

In my case, each user has _routing equal to group_id

For search operation, I have a custom parameter sources that randomizes the group_id in the search body, how could I add the _routing which is equal to group_id in the search operation

As far as I can tell this is unfortunately currently not supported. Enhancing the search runner to support this does however sound like a good idea. I would recommend opening an issue for this enhancement on the Rally GitHub repository.

If you need this functionality before, you should be able to implement this through a custom Runner.

I saw in the custom parameter source we return params

{
  "body": {
  }
}

Could we include request-params like

{
  "body": {
  },
  "request-params": {
    "routing": "some_routing"
  }
}

According to the documentation of the Elasticsearch Python client, the search operation takes a routing parameter, so this should be possible. Please do note however, that the Rally-internal name of the key (between parameter source and runner) is called request_params (i.e. with an underscore, not with a hyphen) so in your parameter source you need to name the key differently.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.