RPM (requests per minute) seems not works correctly depending on time range

Kibana version: 6.8.10

Elasticsearch version: 6.8.10

APM Server version: 6.8.10

APM Agent language and version: python (flask), 5.6.0

Browser version: google chrome 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: apt or apt-get
version : apt 1.6.12ubuntu0.1 (amd64)

Fresh install or upgraded from other version?
No

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc.
No

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

After I had called my /test api just one time, I looked into transaction tab in ATM.

• When I set time range to 15 min, it shows 6 rpm (at that time, x-axis time unit is 10 sec)
  • When I set time range to 30 min, it shows 2 rpm (at that time, x-axis time unit is 30 sec)
  • When I set time range to 1 hour, it shows 2 rpm (at that time, x-axis time unit is 30 sec)
  • When I set time range to 4 hour, it shows 1 rpm (at that time, x-axis time unit is 1 min)

According to the concept of rpm, my expected correct values are

• When I set time range to 15 min, it shows 1 rpm (at that time, x-axis time unit is 10 sec)
  • When I set time range to 30 min, it shows 1 rpm (at that time, x-axis time unit is 30 sec)
  • When I set time range to 1 hour, it shows 1 rpm (at that time, x-axis time unit is 30 sec)
  • When I set time range to 4 hour, it shows 1 rpm (at that time, x-axis time unit is 1 min)

Is it normal behavior? or bug?

Thank you in advance~!

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We already have a similar issue so feel free to upvote that and subscribe if you want to track the progress. I'll take your feedback to the team and see what we can do.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.