Running custom plugin queries in X-Pack enabled Elasticsearch

I am running queries against a custom plugin called join search plugin. This was working without enabling security using x-pack. But when security is enabled using x-pack I am not able to run the custom queries.

I had configured user hercules and role as well.
I am getting following respone.

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"action [indices:data/read/join-search] is unauthorized for user [hercules]"}],"type":"security_exception","reason":"action [indices:data/read/join-search] is unauthorized for user [hercules]","caused_by":{"type":"illegal_state_exception","reason":"only scroll related requests are known indices api that don't support retrieving the indices they relate to"}},"status":403}

Here is my roles.yml

hecules:
  cluster: ['monitor']
  indices:
    - names ['*']
	  privileges:
	    - all

user_roles.yml:
hercules:hercules

It seems this action indices:data/read/join-search is not authorized for the Hercules user having hercules role. I think x-pack is not able to detect the action.
Do you have any idea why this is not still authoring even after all privileges are given ?
Please come with solutions

Here
action : indices:data/read/join-search is one of the Action defined by my plugin. I think x-pack is not able to authorize this action.
Do you have any idea how can I add this action to Elasticsearch to authorize this action ?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.