Save logstash and metricbeat indices on diferent place

Hi, I want have two path on my elasticsearch node for save metricbeat indices in the second path.

Anyone knows how save metricbeat indices on second path directly?

ElasticVersión : 7.9.2-1

If you meant physical disk space, I don't think you can nor it's a very good idea.

If you meant "virtual" space, just send the data to different indices.

May be clarify what you are trying to solve here so we can give a better answer?

2 Likes

Ty for answering.

I meant physical disk space, I have 200 GB on this filesystem to save logs and metrics. The problem is metrics takes 50GB each 4 days and I want separate metrics in other filesystem because If this filesystem become full, I think elastic didn't will stop.

Regards.

You should always monitor your resources.
And yes, elasticsearch will start to WARN you in logs when you are getting low on resources and then will block if you don't fix the problem.

So to answer your initial question: no this is not really supported.

You can start one node, each one on its filesystem and control manually the allocation of the shards but I'm feeling that it's not fixing the real problem of too much data on a given node.

Ty [quote="dadoonet, post:4, topic:269425, full:true"]

You should always monitor your resources.
And yes, elasticsearch will start to WARN you in logs when you are getting low on resources and then will block if you don't fix the problem.

So to answer your initial question: no this is not really supported.

You can start one node, each one on its filesystem and control manually the allocation of the shards but I'm feeling that it's not fixing the real problem of too much data on a given node.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, good support

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.