W have a single ubuntu 16 machine running elasticsearch (+logstash +kibana) with x-pack enabled, we want to add 2 more machines to this cluster so all will act as masters.
What is the procedure to do this?
I was thinking on something like this:
- Installing 2 more machines with elasticsearch + x-pack + <ALL OTHER PLUGINS>
- Using same elasticsearch.yml file (and any other configuration file from 1st machine), change on all files the following:
- node.name: <CURRENT MACHINE>
- network.host: [_local_] to network.host: [_site_]
- discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes: 2
- Re/start elasticsearch on all nodes
This is only for making elasticsearch work on all nodes, logstash and kibana will move later on to their own machines