Scroll Infinite in datatable

(Marian Valero) #1

Hi, I'm doing a search with scroll in java and I add this results, size = 20, in a datatable but I want do that dynamically, that is to say when I do scrolling to datatable add the next 20 results to datatable. How can I do that?

Thanks.

(Jason Wee) #2

there you go https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/client/java-api/current/search.html#scrolling :smile:

(Nik Everett) #3

Scroll uses server side resources so its not safe to expose to the internet. Probably not safe to expose to an intranet for infinite scroll either.

(Jason Wee) #4

eh? how would you do it then?

(Nik Everett) #5

From and size with a limit on the depth is the only way to do it where you don't use server side resources between requests. Its not great either because you have to limit from + size because that is the number of results that have to be sorted.

(Nik Everett) #6

You could also use a filter and a sort - which is the traditional way to do it in relational databases and probably better than from/size now that I think about it.

The big issue with scroll is that it tries to give the user a consistent view of the data. Its super useful for something but its costly.

(Jason Wee) #7

sounds to me either ways, scroll in distributed cluster is expensive.

(system) #8