[search-telemetry:search-telemetry]: version conflict,

Hi All,

I'm receiving a bunch of following errors on Kibana logs,
Do you know what could be the reason/solution for them?
My Kibana instance is up and running but I'm receiving those errors

Any help would be much appreciate it

Kibana Logs:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-03-12T09:11:22Z","tags":["error","elasticsearch","data"],"pid":611560,"message":"[version_conflict_engine_exception]: [search-telemetry:search-telemetry]: version conflict, required seqNo [65743002], primary term [8]. current document has seqNo [65743003] and primary term [8]"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-03-12T09:11:25Z","tags":["error","elasticsearch","data"],"pid":611560,"message":"[version_conflict_engine_exception]: [search-telemetry:search-telemetry]: version conflict, required seqNo [65743050], primary term [8]. current document has seqNo [65743051] and primary term [8]"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-03-12T09:11:27Z","tags":["error","elasticsearch","data"],"pid":611560,"message":"[version_conflict_engine_exception]: [search-telemetry:search-telemetry]: version conflict, required seqNo [65743105], primary term [8]. current document has seqNo [65743106] and primary term [8]"}

I think, You should be able to safely ignore this issue. There's a bug in how these tasks are handled that's being addressed as part of the resolution for this issue . Effectively, this means the task has already been created and can't be overwritten (which is ok) when you restart Kibana. ...cc @Bamieh should be able to answer/clarify this when he gets a chance.

Regards,
Rashmi

1 Like

Thank you @rashmi,

Do you know if there is a way to ignore them so that way they would not be shown on Kibana logs?

Thank you,
Jesus

We have a few collectors that run in background tasks every now and then to store data for telemetry/monitoring/beats and some other usecases. The naming here is unfortunate (we should rename them from telemetry to usage/metrics). These tasks or their logs cannot be disabled for now. For the future: We are discussing putting all telemetry/usage logs under a flag to reduce noise in the logs output

I am currently using kibana version 7.10.0 and seeing similar errors in kibana logs

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-04-06T08:44:44Z","tags":["error","elasticsearch","data"],"pid":22462,"message":"[version_conflict_engine_exception]: [search-telemetry:search-telemetry]: version conflict, required seqNo [2501], primary term [2]. current document has seqNo [2502] and primary term [2]"}

@Bamieh @rashmi can you please confirm if these errors are expected and can be safely ignored on this version[i.e, 7.10.0] of kibana ??

@rachana_uday Yes this log line can be safely ignored.

@Bamieh would this log be fixed anytime soon?
if yes, can you provide the details of which version it might be fixed and when?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.