Secret in Azure module Metricbeat

Hello,

I'm trying to implement Azure module in Metricbeat version 7.17. And im getting error when it is connecting to Azure:

Refresh request failed. Status Code = '401'. Response body: {"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"AADSTS7000215: Invalid client secret provided. Ensure the secret being sent in the request is the client secret value, not the client secret ID, for a secret added to app

Following the instruction here: Azure module | Metricbeat Reference [7.17] | Elastic

I should be able to connect using service principal secret. But in my environment I would like to use certificate-based authentication (like mentioned here Use Azure service principals with Azure PowerShell | Microsoft Docs) instead of password one. I tried paste the cert into ${AZURE_CLIENT_SECRET}, but I got error like above.

Question: Is certificate-based authentication supported by Azure module in Metricbeat and could you provide me an example how it should looks like?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.