Security not appear data

HI,

may i know, why my data not display in security in kibana. Previously i'm using basic license. then i extend it to trial license. however, i saw my data for auditbeat and filebeat appear in discovery. but i just confuse why the data only show in discovery but not show in security?

Thanks

Hi @syafeera, Nice to see you are trying out Elastic Security.

Data sent into the Elastic stack from Auditbeat and Filebeat should be visible in the Security app, so we'll need to find out why yours is not. Can you please answer a few questions to allow us to better help you?

1. First of all, can you tell us what versions of the Elasticsearch, Filebeat, and Auditbeat you are using?
  2. Also, can you tell us if the systems on which Filebeat and Auditbeat are running are connected directly to Elasticsearch? Or is there something like Logstash in between?
  3. Where in the Security App are you expecting to see the Filebeat and Auditbeat events, but they are not showing up?
  4. Did you remember to run the filebeat setup command before running filebeat?
  5. Did you remember to run the audibeat setup command before running auditbeat?
  6. Have you made any customizations to your Elasticsearch indices or index patterns?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

1. First of all, can you tell us what versions of the Elasticsearch, Filebeat, and Auditbeat you are using?Elasticsearch : 7.9.0
    Auditbeat: 7.9.0
    Filebeat: 7.9.0

2.Also, can you tell us if the systems on which Filebeat and Auditbeat are running are connected directly to Elasticsearch? Or is there something like Logstash in between?

No i setup using the filebeat.yml ad audit.yml. I'm not using logstash

3.Where in the Security App are you expecting to see the Filebeat and Auditbeat events, but they are not showing up?

At the security menus, but there are no data at all overthere

4.Did you remember to run the filebeat setup command before running filebeat?

I'm not sure, what i know if there is problem, i will restart the filebeat or auditbeat using this command
sudo systemctl restart filebeat
sudo systemctl restart auditbeat

1. Have you made any customizations to your Elasticsearch indices or index patterns?
    i'm not sure I can;t remember. But previously, we have situations where data does not come in..

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.