Security realm settings structure changed

Hi

I am trying to update my elasticsearch from 6.7.1 to 7.0 in assistant of 7.0 suggest below changes

Security realm settings structure changed
these settings must be updated to the new format while the node is offline during the upgrade to 7.0 (nodes impacted: [eltest1, eltest3, eltest2])

so i changed my elasticsearch.yml
--------------------------------------------BEFORE-------------------------------------------------
#xpack:
# security:
# authc:
# realms:
# active_directory:
# type: active_directory
# order: 0
# follow_referrals: false
# domain_name: nseroot.com
# url: ldaps://ROOTDC01.NSEROOT.COM:636, ldaps://ROOTDC02.NSEROOT.COM:636
# ssl:
# certificate_authorities: [ "/etc/elasticsearch/ELKCERTS/ldapcerts/Certs/ca2.pem", "/etc/elasticsearch/ELKCERTS/ldapcerts/Certs/ca1.pem" ]
# verification_mode: certificate
# load_balance:
# type: "round_robin"

--------------------------------------------AFTER-------------------------------------------------
xpack:
security:
authc:
realms:
active_directory.active_directory:
order: 0
follow_referrals: false
domain_name: nseroot.com
url: ldaps://ROOTDC01.NSEROOT.COM:636, ldaps://ROOTDC02.NSEROOT.COM:636
ssl:
certificate_authorities: [ "/etc/elasticsearch/ELKCERTS/ldapcerts/Certs/ca2.pem", "/etc/elasticsearch/ELKCERTS/ldapcerts/Certs/ca1.pem" ]
verification_mode: certificate
load_balance:
type: "round_robin"

i am getting below error in my log

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: missing realm type [xpack.security.authc.realms.active_directory.type] for realm

You must make these changes while performing the upgrade to 7.0
The format is not compatible between 6.7 and 7.0 - once you change it to the new format, it will no longer work on 6.7 node.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.