Sending data from LS to ES - Looks like a local machine config issue

Hi can anyone advise if there are any specific settings required on a machine to allow LS to talk to ES. I've got everything installed and they both appear to startup ok however when I run a log file through LS I get errors. I got a colleague to run the same on his machine and it worked fine so I know its not the config file or the input file.

Logstash startup completed
←[33m {:exception=>Twitter::Error::Unauthorized, :backtrace=>["C:/logstash-1.5.1
/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/twitter-5.12.0/lib/twitter/streaming/response.rb:2
1:in on_headers_complete'", "org/ruby_http_parser/RubyHttpParser.java:370:in<
<'", "C:/logstash-1.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/twitter-5.12.0/lib/twitter/
streaming/response.rb:16:in <<'", "C:/logstash-1.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/ge
ms/twitter-5.12.0/lib/twitter/streaming/connection.rb:22:instream'", "C:/logst
ash-1.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/twitter-5.12.0/lib/twitter/streaming/clie
nt.rb:116:in request'", "C:/logstash-1.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/twitter
-5.12.0/lib/twitter/streaming/client.rb:36:infilter'", "C:/logstash-1.5.1/vend
or/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-twitter-0.1.6/lib/logstash/inputs/twitte
r.rb:88:in run'", "C:/logstash-1.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core
-1.5.1-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:176:ininputworker'", "C:/logstash-1.5.1/v
endor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-1.5.1-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:17
0:in `start_input'"], :level=>:warn}←[0m

Config file

input { 
  file {
    start_position => "beginning"
    type => "onboard"
    path => "C:\logstash-1.5.1\bin\OnboardServer03-20_May_logs\onboard_app.2015-04-22.txt"
    sincedb_path => "/dev/null"
  }
}

output {
  elasticsearch {
    index => "onboard"
    host => localhost
  }
  stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

Error I'm seeing

←[33mConnection refused - Connection refused {:exception=># Connection refused - Connection refused>, :backtrace=>["org/jruby/ext/socket/Ru
byTCPSocket.java:126:in initialize'", "org/jruby/RubyIO.java:853:innew'", "C:
/logstash-1.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/twitter-5.12.0/lib/twitter/streamin
g/connection.rb:16:in stream'", "C:/logstash-1.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems
/twitter-5.12.0/lib/twitter/streaming/client.rb:116:inrequest'", "C:/logstash-
1.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/twitter-5.12.0/lib/twitter/streaming/client.r
b:36:in filter'", "C:/logstash-1.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-inpu
t-twitter-0.1.6/lib/logstash/inputs/twitter.rb:88:inrun'", "C:/logstash-1.5.1/
vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-1.5.1-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:1
76:in inputworker'", "C:/logstash-1.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-c
ore-1.5.1-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:170:instart_input'"], :level=>:warn}←[
0m

If this same configuration is run on another developers machine it works fine so there is a config on my desktop that isn't set correctly (both machines are running the same setup windows 8.1 running ES 1.7.1 and LS 1.5.1).

Any advice?

Thanks
Leigh

The error message has nothing to do with the elasticsearch output. It's the twitter input that's complaining. I'm guessing you have an old configuration file laying around in /etc/logstash/conf.d.

Thanks but I tried a completely fresh install of LS and ES and a new config file and still no luck. The same LS/ES setup and config file works perfectly fine on my colleagues machine.

Both machines are the same apart from one is on Windows 7 and the other on Windows 8.