Serial Diff two metrics

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to have a serial diff in aggregation between two metrics.... ??

What I am trying to do is having an other bar or line, calculating the difference between the two bars (green and orange).

Thanks

Hi @Shyrine,

you can do it in TSVB, let me know if it works for you, here's the example with metrics 'sum':

@Shyrine, I just thought about solution that would allow you to use the vertical bar visualization - create a scripted field that calculates the difference between these two and add it to your chart. Here's the tutorial on it: https://www.elastic.co/blog/using-painless-kibana-scripted-fields
In your case it would be something like: doc['fieldName1'].value - doc['fieldName2'].value

Hi @Marta_Bondyra,

Thank you for your response, I will try to do that in TSVB but i need to take my time to figure out how it works :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

However, I already thought about creating a scripted field (that was my first idea) but my superior told me that i have to avoid scripted field because it would take a lot of space...

Thank you agin. I will share my graph once done with it in TSVB !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.