Setting up kiosk mode canvas with security enabled

Hello,

It there a way to set a canvas to be "public" after enabling security?

I have dashboards that I want to secure, but want a kiosk mode raspberry pi to be able to access a canvas dashboard without the need to log in, as it doesnt have a keyboard or mouse?

Thanks

@samgs that's a great question, unfortunately there's no way to do this for the time being. I will say there's been conversations about ways we can get Kibana stuff out in a secure way, but we're still in the conceptual phase.

The only thing I can offer as a recommendation is using dashboard's and creating a dashboard-only user to display on you pi. I know it's not the same as the Canvas functionality, but it's about the only thing I can recommend at this point.

Thanks Joel.

Is there a guide to setting up a pi to run a dashboard? Is there a way to store the credentials on the pi so it auto -logins? I dont want a keyboard attached to the pi.

Hey @samgs,

We don't have an official guide to setup Canvas/Kibana on a raspberry pi but I have had to setup generic dashboards on a pi before. Here is a repo that I made with some bash commands and the blog post I used to get going: https://github.com/timductive/pi-flip

In this case I stored the passwords in the Pi browser because I knew the Pi would be physically secure, so think about security before doing this exactly.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.