Setting Up Latest Elasticsearch Cluster

Hello,

I'm working on setting up a completely new ES Cluster. I will be setting up from scratch so we won't be "Upgrading" the older "Test" cluster we have (Version 6). The data is stored on SAN storage, so we will just point back to this area for the data.
The question i have, is looking over some docs, I don't see where you can set a node to be master or data anymore. Has that been done away with? Like in our older cluster we had seperation of concern, so we had certain server that would be marked as node.master = true or node.data = true and so forth.
also, is the jvm.options where I still set the min and max memory limits?

Also, is there a more a good tutorial i can review that talks about installing the latest ES. I want to make sure Im not missing anything. Been a while since I had to do this and just want to make sure I know all the latest when it comes to this new install.

Thanks

following up on this.

If you are expecting the new cluster to be able to read the data on this SAN storage you will be disappointed. Elasticsearch only supports reading data written in the prior major version, so indices created before version 7.0 can not be read in Elasticsearch 8.x. There is a commercial feature that allows older indices to be read, but that is a commercial feature and not available in the Basic license.

I would recommend the official documentation.

See these docs.