Setup Cluster across data centre

Hi Guys,

I am planing to create single cluster across data centre in case if my one data centre in down my application is in operation mode without any downtime.
My logical approach to create cluster is I will group node of different data centres in a group by specify the configuration in the elasticsearch.yml file.

Please let me know it is recommendable to or not? And what all the parameter I should take care before implementation like Bandwidth, open ports........

How far apart are your data centres? What is the latency and bandwidth between them?

HI Chris,

latency is less than 10ms and bandwidth is 2gb/s.

Elasticsearch relies on low latency in order to operate properly, as indexing requests and queries will hit both “zones”. With 3 recommended master nodes it is also hard to make failover symmetrical.

Thanks for your reply, Please let me know 10ms and bandwidth is 2gb/s good to go or not?

I do not know how it will work for your use case, so would recommend you test it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.