Ship logs from AWS Cloudwatch log group to Opendistro Elasticsearch 7.10.2

Is there a way to ship logs from AWS Cloudwatch log group to Opendistro EFK? I am using opendistro which has the Elasticsearch version 7.10.2, that has been provisioned using helm in an EKS cluster. I tried with functionbeat 7.10.2, but once I tried shipping a sample cloudwatch log data, it throws the error:

2021-10-21T19:17:32.605Z    ERROR   [publisher_pipeline_output] pipeline/output.go:154  Failed to connect to backoff(elasticsearch(https://******.io:443)): Connection marked as failed because the onConnect callback failed: 169.254.40.221 requires the default distribution of Elasticsearch. Please update to the default distribution of Elasticsearch for full access to all free features, or switch to the OSS distribution of 169.254.40.221.
2021-10-21T19:17:32.605Z ERROR [publisher_pipeline_output] pipeline/output.go:154 Failed to connect to backoff(elasticsearch(https://******.io:443)): Connection marked as failed because the onConnect callback failed: 169.254.40.221 requires the default distribution of Elasticsearch. Please update to the default distribution of Elasticsearch for full access to all free features, or switch to the OSS distribution of 169.254.40.221.

Is there any compatible version of functionbeat with opendistro Elasticsearch 7.10.2? Is there any other beat that can be used to ship logs from AWS cloudwatch to Open distro EFK?

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

Unfortunately we aren't able to help here as opendistro is not Elasticsearch and we do not support other distributions. You will need to ask aws about this as it's their product.

Your other option is to upgrade to the Elastic Stack, which is also available on the aws marketplace - AWS Marketplace: Elastic Cloud (Elasticsearch managed service)

Thank you for the reply. So there is no functionbeat compatible with elastic 7.10.2?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.