Show Bucket Key, instead of Value for Max/Min Parent Pipeline Aggs in Datatable

I am using a datatable that splits rows by Term Aggregations. Then, displaying the total Count, as well as multiple Metrics using Max Bucket Sibling Pipeline Aggregations for each row in a datatable. Each of these in turn are using term sub-aggregations. This is working great to show me the number of documents with the most popular term, but I'd also like to see what that term "Is"

Is there a way to display the key to the maximum bucket in the visualization, instead of the value? (or in addition too)?

I don't want to include the term sub-aggregations from the pipeline metrics as another sub-aggregation to the rows, as I don't want to limit all the data in the table to those buckets, and I want display overlapping data as well.

As an example of what I'd like to do:

Here the Highest volume state and dealership are independent aggregation, and only a subset of the whole row. The text strings are the terms that are the keys of the buckets in the term sub-aggregation of the max bucket pipeline aggregation.

I would love to be able to show those strings, but can't figure out how to do so.

Hey @robert.j.foreman,

I don't think it's possible to do this. @timroes, can you confirm?

The Max Bucked Sibling Pipeline Aggregation works great to get the number I'm looking for, and when I look at the actual response, I see that the bucket name is exactly what I'm looking for, I just can't access that value in the visualization. It seems that accessing the terms for the Max or Min Buckets would be a very common use case.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.