Significance/Role of Action and Gateway forders in elasticsearch server

I would like to know what the files in action and gateway folder do in general,because while debugging elasticsearch i got some errors in these files.

Thanks

org.elasticsearch.gateway is largely about starting up the cluster after a restart: finding existing shard copies and allocating them, etc.

org.elasticsearch.action is where many transport actions are defined, along with their requests and responses.

I have one question, i tried to remove the inter-node communication in elasticsearch by closing the connection in transportService.java.
I got the following warning logs,
[2019-03-29T11:59:01,317][WARN ][o.e.g.Gateway ] [node-0] failed to fetch state from node
org.elasticsearch.action.FailedNodeException: Failed node [X9b9979VSuyrV4Pt7j6RKA]

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: can't send request to a null connection
[2019-03-29T11:59:31,328][DEBUG][o.e.a.a.c.n.s.TransportNodesStatsAction] [node-0] failed to execute on node [X9b9979VSuyrV4Pt7j6RKA]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: can't send request to a null connection

But i can send the rest requests that is port 9200 is still accessible .

Does that mean inter-node communication has stopped.

I've no idea. It certainly sounds like something isn't working any more.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.