Significant text on nested objects

I note here
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-aggregations-bucket-significanttext-aggregation.html

that significant text doesn't work on nested objects. I have nested objects on es 6.0.0 and my significant text aggregation 'works' in that I get back words that make sense, but the bg_count figures are well in excess of my total document count. I've not deleted any documents, so I'm assuming that this bg_count is actually the count of the nested docs and so the scores and stats are incorrect (because nested objects aren't supported).

Can someone confirm whether my hypothesis holds weight ?

best,
Phil

The bg_count lookup needs to be fast to eliminate many candidates. We use the cheapest way of doing this which is to use the pre-calculated counts held in the Lucene index for ranking purposes. These counts can include nested docs and deleted docs.
However, you can apply a custom background_filter which will take longer to compute but be more accurate.

Many thanks Mark

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.