Similar configuration for multiple Filebeat inputs

Hi, I am using Filebeat on about ten servers (almost all under Linux except 2 under Windows). I have edited a filebeat.yml file on each one and approximately 10 inputs inside both. Inputs are only 'filestream' type for the moment.

I started learning how to use the Elastic stack few weeks ago and have some questions about it:

1. Can I create as much as inputs as I want or is there a limit? It is possible that I didn't see it in the doc.
  2. If there is no limit, is there a maximum number of inputs by file suggested to avoid impacting too much performances?
  3. Is there a way to configure one or more parameter(s) for every input in a single file or do I need to let the entire configuration for each one? I may have more inputs to configure later so it would be great to only configure those which may be different to shorten my files as much as I can.
  4. I saw in the doc that the "ignore_older" field accepts hours and minutes, but does it also accept days and weeks?

Thanks and have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.